Week 10 - 3.1 "Weighted Run"
If you do not work in, or are attempting entry into a profession, that requires you to run with weight. Don't run with weight.
If the above DOES apply to you, don't run with too much weight either. Ask us why if you disagree with either of these statements.
You are to set a strong 1km time, which you are then to maintain 5 times. If you are unable to maintain the 10% rule, you did not pace yourself correctly.
Always warm up etc before commencing. We strongly recommend having a Heart Rate monitor, and already knowing your max. HR, and optimal HR zones.
Maintain the 10% rule. For example, if your first interval is 4:00, do not deviate from this time by more or less than 10%. If you are unable to stay within the 10%, stop. We’re looking for consistency over an extended period of training.
IF you are not at the standard where you are able to attempt or complete these, or you want a program to improve at any of these activities, have a look at our Complete Strength & Conditioning Program, successfully completing this program will bring you to the level where you are able to set competitive times in workouts like these. You should already have a firm base before attempting this volume of training and our programs are developed to get you there.
1. Before conducting any physical activity we recommend seeing a medical practitioner or health specialist.
2. Do not attempt any activity if you are injured or suffering any medical condition without consulting a physician or health specialist.
3. Skilled Athlete and the Author accept no liability for any injury sustained while participating in activities mentioned in this WOD. By conducting the program you as the individual or group accept full liability.
4. We recommend using serviced and functional equipment to conduct all activities.
5. All advice is only given as a guide. Skilled Athlete accept no liability for damages sustained as a result.